Tips for Growing Cucumber
Soil: Clay to sandy loam.
Sowing time: As per the regional practices and timings.
Optimum temp. for germination: 25 – 30°C.
Note1: During summer season, there should be adequate water supply to avoid fruit bitterness and fruit malformation.
Note2: The temperature below 13°C and above 40°C are not suitable for growing cucumber.
Spacing: Row to Row : 180 cm, Plant to Plant : 30 cm.
Seed rate: 300-400 gm/ acre.
Preparation of Main field:
- Deep ploughing and harrowing.
- Add well decomposed FYM 7-8 tones per acre.
- Open ridges & furrows at required spacing (Apply basal dose of fertilizer as recommended).
- Irrigate the field one day before sowing.
- Sow 2 seeds per hill Irrigate whenever require.
Chemical Fertilizer: Fertilizer requirement varies with soil fertility
- Basal dose before sowing: 40: 60 : 60 NPK kg / acre.
- Top dressing after first picking : 25: 00 : 60 NPK kg / acre.
- After third picking : 25: 00 : 00 NPK kg / acre.
- Apply micronutrient as and when required.
Plant Protection: Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
Showing all 3 results