Tips for Growing Eggplant
Soil: Well drained sandy loam soil is suitable.
Sowing time: As per the regional practices and timings.
Optimum temp. for germination: 25 – 30°C.
Transplanting: 30-35 days after sowing.
Spacing: Row to Row : 75-90 cm, Plant to Plant : 60-75 cm.
Seed rate: 100 gm/ acre.
Preparation of Main field:
- Deep ploughing and harrowing.
- Apply well decomposed FYM @ 7 – 8 tones per acre followed by harrowing to mix in the soil thoroughly.
- Open the ridges and furrows at required spacing.
- Irrigate the field and make the holes at the recommended spacing.
- Transplanting should be done during afternoon, after transplanting light irrigation should be given for quick and better establishment.
Chemical Fertilizer: Fertilizer requirement varies with soil fertility
- First dose 6-8 days after transplanting : 50: 50 : 60 NPK kg / acre.
- Second dose 20 – 25 days after first application : 25: 50 : 60 NPK kg / acre.
- Third dose 20 – 25 days after second application : 25: 50 : 60 NPK kg / acre.
- Calcium nitrate (1%solution) should be sprayed at the time of flowering increases fruit – set.
Plant Protection: Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
Showing all 1 result