Tips for Growing Gourds
Soil: Well drained sandy loam and clay loam soil is suitable.
Sowing time: Rainy and Summer.
Optimum temp. for germination: 28- 32°C.
Spacing: Row to Row : 120 cm, Plant to Plant : 45 cm.
Seed rate: 600-700 gm/ acre.
Preparation of Main field:
- Deep ploughing and harrowing.
- Add well decomposed FYM 7-8 tones per acre.
- Open ridges & furrows at required spacing (Apply basal dose of fertilizer as recommended).
- Irrigate the field one day before sowing.
Chemical Fertilizer: Fertilizer requirement varies with soil fertility
- Basal dose before sowing: 25: 50 : 50 NPK kg / acre.
- 30 days after sowing: 25: 00 : 50 NPK kg / acre.
- Use N & K after 25-30 days: 25: 00 : 30 NPK kg / acre depend on crop condition.
Plant Protection: Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
Showing all 7 results