Tips for Growing Okra
Soil: Well drained sandy loam and clay loam soil is suitable.
Sowing time: As per the regional practices and timings.
Optimum temp. for germination: 25 – 30°C.
Spacing: Row to Row : 60 cm, Plant to Plant : 30 cm.
Seed rate: 2-2.5 kg/ acre.
Preparation of Main field:
- Deep ploughing and harrowing.
- Apply well decomposed FYM @ 10 tones per acre followed by harrowing to mix in the soil thoroughly.
- Open the ridges and furrows at required spacing.
- Apply basal dose of fertilizers in furrows and cover the fertilizer.
- Irrigate the field one day prior sowing.
- Dibble one seed per hill, immediately give one light irrigation for better and quick establishment.
Chemical Fertilizer: Fertilizer requirement varies with soil fertility
- Basal dose : 30: 40 : 40 NPK kg / acre.
- First top dressing 20 – 25 days after sowing : 25: 00 : 40 NPK kg / acre.
- Second top dressing 20 – 25 days after first top dressing : 25: 00 : 00 NPK kg / acre.
Plant Protection: Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
Showing all 2 results