Tips for Growing Sweet Pepper
Soil: Well drained sandy loam soil is suitable.
Sowing time: As per the regional practices and timings.
Optimum temp. for germination: 25 – 30°C.
Transplanting : 35-40 days after sowing.
Spacing: Row to Row : 90 cm, Plant to Plant : 45 cm.
Seed rate: 100 – 120 gm/ acre.
Preparation of Main field:
- Deep ploughing and harrowing.
- Apply well decomposed FYM @ 7 – 8 tones per acre followed by harrowing to mix in the soil thoroughly.
- Open the ridges and furrows at required spacing.
- Irrigate the field one day before transplanting.
- Transplanting should be done late afternoon. After complete transplanting light irrigation should be given for better and quick establishment.
Chemical Fertilizer: Fertilizer requirement varies with soil fertility
- First dose 6-8 days after transplanting : 50: 100 : 75 NPK kg / acre.
- Second dose 20 – 25 days after first application : 25: 50 : 75 NPK kg / acre.
- Third dose 20 – 25 days after second application : 25: 00 : 00 NPK kg / acre.
- After 15 days of first picking add NPK as & when required : 20 :0:30 NPK Kg /Acre.
- At the time of Flowering : Sulphur 10 kg /acre.
- At the time of Fruit Setting : Boracol 50 Kg/acre.
Plant Protection: Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
Showing all 2 results