Tips for Growing Tomato
Soil: A well drained loamy soil is ideal.
Sowing time: As per the regional practices and timings.
Optimum temp. for germination: 25 – 30°C.
Transplanting: 25-30 days after sowing.
Spacing: Row to Row: 90 cm, Plant to Plant : 45 – 60 cm.
Seed rate: 50 – 60 gm / acre.
Preparation of Main field:
- Deep ploughing and harrowing.
- Add well decomposed FYM: 8-10 tones / acre.
- Make the ridges and furrows at the required spacing.
- Irrigate the field and make the holes at the recommended spacing.
- Transplanting should be done during late afternoon, after transplanting light irrigation should be given for quick and better establishment.
Chemical Fertilizer: Fertilizer requirement depends on the soil fertility
- First dose 6 – 8 days after transplanting: 50:100:100 NPK kg / acre.
- Second dose 20 – 25 days after first application: 25: 50 : 50 NPK kg / acre.
- Third dose 20 – 25 days after second application: 25: 00:00 NPK kg / acre.
- At the time of Flowering: Sulphur 10 kg / acre.
- At the time of Fruit Setting: Boracol 50 kg / acre.
- Spray Calcium nitrate (1%solution) at the time of flowering (To increase fruit set).
- Spray Urea & Soluble K (1% solution each) at 15 days interval during harvesting time (To increase no. of pickings).
Plant Protection: Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
The varietal characters & information given here for all crops & varieties are based on observation
recorded at our trial stations. Change in place, season, cultural practice may result in variation.
Showing 1–9 of 16 results