Tips for Growing Watermelon
Soil: Well drained sandy loams and alluvial soils at riverbed are best suited.
Sowing time: As per the regional practices and timings.
Optimum temp. for germination: 28 – 32°C.
Spacing: Row to Row : 150 cm, Plant to Plant : 45 cm.
Seed rate: 300-400 gm/ acre.
Climate: Hot weather with sunshine hours favors increased sweetness.
Preparation of Main field:
- Deep Ploughing and Harrowing.
- Add Well decomposed FYM 10 -12 tons / acre.
- Open ridges & furrows at required spacing and apply basal dose of fertilizer Irrigate one day before sowing.
- Sow 2 seeds per hill.
Chemical Fertilizer: Fertilizer requirement varies with soil fertility.
- Basal dose before sowing: 25: 50 : 50 NPK kg / acre.
- Top dressing 30 days after sowing : 25: 00 : 50 NPK kg / acre.
- Apply micronutrient as and when required.
Plant Protection: Follow plant protection measures as and when required.
Showing all 5 results